Entries are invited from Tamil Film Producers for the Tamil Feature Film Competition of 17th Chennai International Film Festival. Films that are censored between 16th October 2018 and 15th October 2019 (both the dates are inclusive) are eligible for selection process for the competition.
- The entry forms are available at our website icaf.in and also with Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation Office, No.4, 2nd Floor, E-Block, Gemini Parsn Apartments, Cathedral Garden Road, Chennai – 600 006. Telefax: +91 44 2821 2652 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
- The last date for receipt of Entry form is 10th Novemberr 2019.
- The form should be submitted along with two copies of English subtitled DVD of the film entered.
Regulations and Entry Form for Competition for Tamil Feature Films
Following awards are given:
- Best Tamil Feature Film
- Second Best Tamil Feature Film
- Special Jury Award
- The competition is only for Tamil Featurefilms
One of the Directors / Producers should be an Indian National
The applicant should have the right for sanctioning participation
- The film should have been certified between 16thOctober 2018 and 15th October 2019
- Dubbed films are not entitled for participation
- Entries should have sub-titles in English language
- The producer of the selected films should submit the Film in Digital Cinema Package (DCP) Format with English Sub-titles or else it will be disqualified for competition screening
3. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF ENTRY:
Last date for receipt of the application along with the screener shall be the 10th Nov 2019.
4. PROCEDURE FOR ENTRY OF FILM
(a) A film shall be entered only by its producer or right holder or by his authorized Representative. The producer should submit his / her entry in the Entry Form and the Form must be completed in all respects. The entry form should be submitted along with the copy of the Censor Certificate, failing which the entry is liable for rejection.
(b) Two copies of the detailed Synopsis in Tamil as well in English
5.PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
The Awards shall be decided by a three member Jury (a chairperson and two members) duly constituted by the 17th Chennai International Film Festival
The decision of the 17th Chennai International Film Festival in respect of matters covered by these Regulations and of the Interpretation of these Regulations shall be final. A person submitting an entry for the award shall be deemed to have accepted these Regulations.
The entry form, Screener and other material and all correspondence should be addressed to:
The Festival Director
17th Chennai International Film Festival
Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (I.C.A.F.),
E Block, Second Floor, No.4, Gemini Parsn Apartments,
Cathedral Garden Road, Chennai – 600 006, Tamil Nadu, India
Tel / Fax: 91 44 2821 2652