Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation, in association with Russian House in Chennai, is organizing ’DAYS OF RUSSIAN CINEMA’ from 7-9 November 2022 at Russian House: Chennai, 74, Kasturi Ranga Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600018 as per the schedule given below.
Venue: Russian House: Chennai, 74, Kasturi Ranga Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600018
Date: 7th – 9th, November 2022
(Non-members of ICAF, please call on 9840151956/8939022618 for more details)
0. Introduction of the films by the Director of Russian House in Chennai – November 7 | 6.00 p.m
1. Flashmob/Flashmob/2021/Dir.: Alyona Rubinshteyn/ 100 min | November 7 | 6.15 p.m
Ambitious journalist Daria is eager to fly high up the career ladder. She's ready to do anything to please her boss Konstantin. By fraud, she makes friends with guys, which initiates occasional flash mobs in unexpected city locations. The stories intertwine and force us to make life-defining choices.
2. The Oath/Klyatva/2019/Dir.: Roman Nesterenko/125 min | November 8 | 6.00 p.m
A story of life and heroism of Naum Balapan – an academic psychiatrist, Doctor of Medicine, a chief doctor of the Sevastopol psychiatric hospital since 1922. With the help of his wife, he saved dozens of innocent people from Genocide during Nazi Occupation until his tragic death in 1942.
3. I Give You My Word/Chastnoe pionerskoe/2013/Dir.: Aleksandr Karpilovskiy/99 min | November 9 | 6:00 p.m
The main characters are Mishka and his friend Dimka. The guys are preparing to watch pioneer detachments, in parallel extracurricular adventures of friends – fishing, and rescuing a homeless dog grow into a real detective story with the participation of the school's director, local bandits, the activist of the squad’s Council and, of course, a classmate a beautiful lady of the heart.
1 win & 1 nomination
4. I Give You My Word-Part 2/Chastnoe pionerskoe 2/ 2015/Dir.: Aleksandr Karpilovskiy/103 min | November 9 | 7.45 p.m
Best friends Dimka, Mishka and Lena go to rest in the pioneer camp on the sea. They took also their favorite dog Sawa. In just one shift, the guys have to find out what the price of friendship is, to fight the bandits for treasure, to accidentally poison the director and get lost in the caves. And, of course, they are waiting for the first love with these Shakespearean passions.